Saturday, November 17, 2012

Stout enough

“Where do you want to spend your leave sir?” said Carlisle. He was the squire’s barrister but in fact, he was only a factotum. He said in a delightful way.
“You are plainly so jolly about this aren’t you Carlisle?” said Lord Harry ruefully. But to be more accurate, former Lord!  After the huge notoriety with his mysterious mistress, now he was invalided from the front and got sick in a shrewdly manner to spend a while off so the rumors peter.
“This rotten chair does not show any mercy servant” he continued “you won’t stay a long time in my shoes, this I swear”
“I’m not persisting sir” said Carlisle in a way so Harry could easily realize he was upset. “I am satisfied with my allowance. But you know sir, the intense interest aroused in public by what they call “Harry Well’s disaffirm” will not settle down if you eagerly grab your position sir. You know those savages want your head on a silver plate.”
Now Harry inclined to the hearth while leaving some papers in flames.
“Oh my little Carlisle. Do you remember how good yarn we had about the old times?” He sighed and resumed “It’s a humorous tale. Once you perch, you assume it’s steady. But those cynics out there are always keeping eyes on you. Even if you coop yourself in your office, some incident will fall out somewhere which is entirely your fault.”
“Yes sir” Carlisle approved “but you already gave them the plea. You always played mister bountiful, but your fellow laborers are mad about your autocratic opinions. You should have attended to their wills.”
Harry sank in thoughts and stared at fire flame which was now incredibly red and hot.
“Right on this chair.” Said Harry warmly.
“Excuse me sir?!” asked Carlisle amazedly.
“You asked where I want to spend my leave” Harry kept talking “Right on this chair. I want to spend my convalescence where I feel pacified. Here is the place”
“But sir.” Said Carlisle now so nervously “This will keen the vendettas”
“Let those weeds grow in garden Carlisle!” remarked Harry like he was sure about something “this plain is so huge”
This he said and poured some white liquid into his scotch and drank with joy. Like an everlasting smile on his face…